The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is fun – at first.
You go from store to store, crossing people off your list as you find the perfect offering for each one.
You think you’re done.
Presents are wrapped and placed under the tree (or hidden in your closet for “Santa” to bring) and then it happens.
You remember that you need a teacher gift. Or you have an unexpected gift exchange at work. Or you forgot Uncle Larry was coming this year.
Before you get to the “thinking-about-canceling-Christmas-altogether because-who-came-up-with-this-holiday-anyway” stage, take a cleansing breath and think Christmas gift certificates.
Give the best gifts this year
There are some really good reasons that gift certificates make great gifts.
- They give the gift of choice. There are some statistics out there that say two-thirds of gifts people receive are unwanted. You’ve probably received at least one random gift that makes you think, “What in the world?!” A gift certificate for a specific store allows a person to choose something they know they’ll like. A certificate for a service gives the receiver the option to schedule an appointment for a time that is most convenient for them.
- It’s much less stress for the giver. Especially for those last-minute gifts! Many larger stores sell a large variety of gift cards all in one area. You can “shop” for several people, standing in one place. Or hop online, and without leaving your home, purchase a gift certificate! You can confidently give a gift certificate knowing that the person can use it for something they actually want. You feel good, they feel good. It’s a win-win.
- It’s convenient. Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house we go, usually with a car packed to the gills with gifts for the family. Not if you give gift certificates! Plus, you can easily send them in the mail – or even virtually. No special trip to the post office or extra fees to mail a bulky box!
Perfect for everyone on your list
- Teachers. Kids love to give gifts to their teachers. Parents usually want to show their appreciation, too. Sometimes they do it in the form of mugs. Teachers have a lot of mugs. Why not find out something he or she is interested in and give them a gift certificate for that store or place? A Christmas gift certificate for a massage or spa day is an excellent choice for a teacher!
- Employees. Many employers use the holidays as a time to show appreciation for their workers. As opposed to the Jelly-of-the-Month club, give them a gift certificate so that they can buy something they really want or need. Recognition from your employer is always welcome. Knowing that they care enough to let you make your own choice is a kindness that goes a long way.
- Family, friends, and anyone else in the whole world you have to buy a gift for. For real. Giving someone a Christmas gift certificate is a thoughtful way to show them that you know what their favorite restaurant is or you know where they like to buy their clothes or get their hair done. It can show them that you recognize that life can be stressful and they need a relaxing massage.
If for some reason you feel that giving a gift certificate is an impersonal gift, there are lots of cute ideas for how to give gift cards and certificates too! You can use the presentation to give it a personal touch.
Despite what some critics might say, Christmas gift certificates really are a thoughtful, practical, and perfect gift to give to all the people in your life.
Contact Hideaway Country Inn today to get Christmas gift certificates for everyone on your list!
Do you have someone on your list who is the perfect candidate for a gift certificate?