It happens to the best of us.
You think you’re on top of things and then you find out you need a gift for someone at the last minute – and you need it ASAP.
Before you go searching through your cupboards for that sweater Aunt Myrtle gave you last Christmas to regift, wait just a minute.
You don’t have to go that route.
You can give a gift that anyone can use and everyone will love.
Why is the spa a fabulous gift?
There are a lot of good reasons to turn to a last-minute spa gift idea. Here are a few:
- You’re giving a gift that’s an experience. It’s something that’s physically enjoyed and provides lasting memories. No one will forget that you gave them such a thoughtful gift. No offense to Aunt Myrtle, of course.
- People already have so much stuff. Most people have way more possessions than they could ever need. A quickie, last-minute gift of some trinket will most likely just get lost in the shuffle.
- It’s soooo relaxing. It’s quiet and soothing. It can majorly reduce tension. There are some statistics that say 90% of illnesses are related to stress. What better gift can you give someone?
- Physical contact is good for you. Most spa treatments involve some kind of touch, whether it’s a pedicure, facial, or massage. People need that human-to-human contact for their well-being.
- It’s good for mental health. In a Japanese study of government workers, frequent use of the spa was linked to better mental health, better quality sleep, and less sick days.
What does a spa typically offer?
Of course, different places offer different services, but there are some standard things that can be enjoyed at the spa.
- Massages. There are various methods, but all massages basically involve the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints with the hands. Sometimes it’s combined with the use of hot stones or different kinds of body scrubs.
- Facials. A facial is a multistep treatment for the skin. It usually also involves massage, cleansing, exfoliation, and nourishment.
- Manicures. A cosmetic treatment of the hands, a manicure involves cutting and shaping the fingernails, painting them, and removing the cuticles.
- Pedicures. Like a manicure, a pedicure is a cosmetic treatment for the feet and toes. It also usually involves massage of the feet and lower legs.
Spa treatments at the Hideaway Country Inn
The Hideaway Inn offers a wide range of spa treatments and packages.
- 30-, 60-, or 90-minute Couple’s Massage with two Licensed Massage Therapists in the Inn’s Relaxation Room.
- 60-minute Individual Massage with hot towels and a heated massage table in the Relaxation Room.
- Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes is a sampler for those who are new to massage. The Licensed Massage Therapist spends 20 minutes on those three areas: head, shoulders, and then your knees and toes.
- 90-minute Hot Stone Massage with heated Basalt lava stones.
- The Pregnancy Massage focuses on the areas of the body that are most stressed by pregnancy.
- The Happy Feet Massage begins with a warm stone foot bath and ends with a reflexology massage, with lots of pampering for your tootsies in between.
- Essential Facial and Facial Massage Treatment
- Anti-Age Facial
- Non-surgical Facelift
- Fire and Ice Stone Facial
- Happy Feet Pedicure and Massage
- Manicure Plus Massage
- The Works! Mani AND Pedi
Other special spa packages include a Mommy and Me Day at the Spa and a Girlfriend Getaway package where a whole group can enjoy getting pampered together.
Consider the Hideaway Country Inn for those last-minute gift ideas, and give your loved one the gift of everything they need to feel relaxed and pampered!