While the holiday season is often reserved for family time, it’s also the perfect occasion to gather with your best girlfriends!
A holiday girlfriend getaway is ideal for reminiscing, getting closer, and just plain having fun!
Don’t let the colder weather deter you. Here are some great ideas for getting out of town and bonding with your besties.
- Break out the wine. Why not spend the trip indulging in wine tasting and great food? The HideAway Country Inn has a wine cellar that’s second-to-none. In fact, we’ve garnered the coveted award from the Wine Spectator – five years running! We hold wine education classes, you can reserve a spot at a wine dinner, or just indulge in a few of the special wines in our 500-bottle cellar! You can also schedule a visit to a local vineyard and attend a wine tasting.
- Head outdoors! Layer up, put on some gloves and a hat and get some fresh air in the great outdoors. Winter holds lots of fun opportunities to try something new, like winter hiking, snowshoeing or skiing.
- Hit the spa. There’s nothing more fun and relaxing than going to the spa with your friends. Relax while you all get facials, gossip during a pedicure or indulge in an uber-relaxing massage.
- Feed your inner foodie. Gather together with your fellow food lovers and indulge at every meal. Pair a light and fresh lunch with white wines and cocktails. Feast on a delightful dinner and a bevy of red wines or craft beer. Or take a cooking class together.
- Visit a hot spring. If you can’t get away to check out a real hot spring, find an outdoor hot tub, or better yet, experience the fun that an in-room jacuzzi or hot tub provides for you and your girlfriends. Soak in the bubbly water while you ease tired muscles and drink a glass of champagne!
- Go horseback riding. Wouldn’t it be fun to hop on a horse and fulfill your childhood dreams? See the countryside by horseback and experience the winter wonderland around you!
- Go for a walk. Lake Erie becomes a different type of beautiful around winter. The colder temperatures unleash creativity upon the waters, which can be a sight to behold.
- Take in local live theatre. The Renaissance, The Marion Palace, and The Ritz all offer live local theatre events that are sure to delight.
- Try something new. If you’ve never been birding before, get out your binoculars and hit Killdeer Plains, the best local birding spot around.
- Go shopping. Bucyrus’ local shops have lots to offer. Shops like the Amish Vault, Carles Bratwurst and Crossroads Candles will keep you busy all day long! Then, come back to your suite and relax in style!
The holidays are a perfect time to get away from the hustle and bustle, and get restored with your besties. So plan your holiday girlfriend getaway today! The HideAway Country Inn is the perfect boutique inn to make your getaway dreams come true. Call us today to book your stay!